Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blorft.

You might be wondering why this post could possibly be titled "Blorft". And it's because, even if it is a nonsense word, I've been feeling incredibly blorft for a while now. Here, let me let Tina Fey explain:
“I was a little excited but mostly blorft. "Blorft" is an adjective I just made up that means 'Completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum.' I have been blorft every day for the past seven years.”
Tina uses "blorft" in her book, Bossypants, which I haven't read yet but definitely intend to. I think she perfectly sums up what a lot of women feel, myself being one of them. So I decided instead of feeling blorft, I'd try to do something about the state of things. 
I've been MIA from the blogging world for the past week and a half or so, and it's because working 6 days a week and taking two online classes is definitely not recommended. You know the saying "I'm so stressed I could pull my hair out?" Well, I'm so stressed that my hair has started rebelling and falling out on its own. Obviously, my life is in need of some changes for the better.
I've been going between home and work with just enough time to eat some crappy fast food and sleep in between. Not good for you. And since all I've been doing is work and homework, I haven't had much time for myself. I decided to tackle that head on, and I just started doing yoga. Not like, extreme exercise class yoga, but this wonderful little program:
I would definitely recommend it for anyone who's stressed out. The woman who does the program is also a psychotherapist, so she really knows what she's doing when it comes to yoga for stress relief. I just started and I already feel a lot more relaxed. And the flexibility part is just an extra benefit. Since I stopped high school cheerleading my flexibility has pretty steadily been declining, so it'll be nice to get it back! Hopefully this small step of doing yoga every morning can give me back some time to myself and make me a little more fit at the same time.
People can't change overnight, but I did get vegetables in my omelette this morning. And for me, that's saying something.


No comments:

Post a Comment