Friday, January 17, 2014

#FollowFriday: The Funniest Women on Twitter

As I've undoubtedly mentioned before, I am an obsessive tweeter. And aside from my own ramblings, I love having my twitter feed to read while I sit on a bus or wait for my class to start (because I'm incapable of not being at least ten minutes early to everything). So obviously I'm always on the hunt for the best accounts to follow. Without further ado, some great funny-ladies you should all follow if you like to laugh (if you don't like to laugh, kindly get out of my face).

Chrissy Teigen
All I knew about Chrissy Teigen a few months ago was that she's a super hot model. Then one day, Cosmo retweeted her (the specific tweet that drew me in may or may not have been: IS PEE STORED IN THE BALLS?) and opened my eyes to the fact that aside from being John Legend's wife, she is apparently one of the funniest humans on the planet. A sampling of some of my personal favorite tweets of hers:



Anna Kendrick
On top of being just wonderful in pretty much any movie she makes, Anna Kendrick is also incredibly on her twitter game. Whereas most celebrities in her position just post a lot of tweets thanking their fans for loving them so much and nominating them for so many awards, Kendrick's twitter manages to resemble what your funny best friend's account might look like, if she happened to be super famous. Plus, her awe at rubbing virtual elbows with other celebs is just adorable.


If you know me, you know my intense love for Mindy Kaling. Not only is she my career idol, her book is life-changingly hilarious. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that her tweets are gold. Bonus points for twitter interactions with BJ Novak, who is only omitted from this list because he sadly does not qualify as a funny woman. 



I first decided I loved Gaby Dunn when I went through a several-week long binge reading of Thought Catalog. She's arguably their best writer, and she also writes for a bunch of other publications. So naturally I hunted her down on twitter, and I'm so glad I did.



So do yourself a favor and go get some of this twitter comedy in your life. And if you're a fan of people who tweet mainly about eating, the doge meme, and Law & Order: SVU, go here



No comments:

Post a Comment