Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag

My posts have been on the serious/self-reflective side lately, so I thought I'd lighten things up a little this week with a beauty post! Because also, I am obsessed with makeup. I've always loved the stuff, but recently I've picked up some products that have made my morning routine a lot more fun and exciting. Look good, feel good, right?
So without further ado, some of the favorites from my makeup bag. (If I showed you everything, we'd be here until the next winter olympics.)

So I'm starting off with the bag itself, because without it my life would be a mess. I like Vera Bradley's bag because the large is big enough to fit everything (and I have a lot). Good makeup bags are hard to find, especially without spending a ton of money. The main reason I really like this one, though, is that the interior is lined. You don't have to worry about makeup staining the fabric, because the clear plastic lining has you covered.


Just this past fall semester I had my come-to-Jesus moment with Givenchy cosmetics. I am obsessed. It's definitely expensive, but if you're going to splurge on anything it should probably be something you put on your face every day, right? But I digress. This is the best concealer I have ever used (and I've tried them all). I'm anemic, meaning I have some serious under eye circles. This blends them away beautifully, along with any other lines or blemishes you might have. 

e.l.f. Eye Primer and Liner Sealer, 2.99

This handy 2-in-1 tool can be purchased at any Walgreens or Target, and I really love the primer. I've only used the liner sealer a handful of times, and I'm never sure if I can see a difference. But the eye primer goes on smooth and keeps your eyeshadow in place for hours. Even if you aren't going heavy with the eye makeup, it evens out the color on your lids and hides veins.

Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Pure White, $4.39

White liner is the quickest way to make you look more awake than you may actually be. In the picture above, I paired e.l.f liquid liner on top to do a winged look, then added the white on the bottom, at the inner corners and on my lower waterline. It brightens your eyes and makes them pop a lot more in pictures as well.


So I have this mascara in the smaller $15 container, which I'm still hoping and praying will last me forever. The wand allows you to easily get to your lower lashes as well, and it manages to be thick without looking heavy. Since I started wearing this mascara a little over a month ago, I've had almost a dozen people genuinely ask if I was wearing fake eyelashes. That's all the push I need to keep buying this stuff.

Jenny introduced me to this lipstick (which we're both wearing here) and I am eternally grateful.
I'm new to the love of lipstick. I just started wearing it in the past year or so. So as a newbie, I was a little hesitant to take risks- I was sticking to reds and pinks. But I knew I loved MAC (my Ruby Woo goes on beautifully!), so when a friend offered to let me use hers in Media, I fell in love instantly. It's a dark maroon, almost purply color, so I was surprised that it looked good on my pale complexion and with my light hair. But I immediately went and bought my own, and I've gotten so many compliments already. The thing about wearing dark lipstick is that you just have to own it: wearing such a bold color made me feel like a badass. Just go with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment