Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April Round-up: What I'm Loving This Month

The Mindy Project
I've been a huge fan of Mindy Kaling since I read her book a few years back, and her show does not disappoint. I expected Kaling to be funny, but the rest of the cast is hilarious and there's a steady stream of amazing guest stars (think Anders Holm and James Franco). The show is wrapping up it's second season now, but if you have Hulu Plus you can binge watch from the beginning–– what I've been doing in between studying for the past few weeks.



Iggy Azalea
Because who doesn't love a badass female rapper who references Clueless in her music videos? Iggy's got a new album dropping on the 18th, and if Fancy is any indication, it's going to be great. Aside from her music, I'm also a little obsessed with Azalea's style. She's also a model, and her Instagram is chock full of cool fashion and beauty inspiration.


Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
I wrote a post a while back about how amazing I thought Adichie's essay in ELLE is. Just when I thought I couldn't love the Nigerian novelist any more than I already do, I watched her Ted Talk on feminism. If you've heard Beyonce's "Flawless," you've probably heard Adichie and didn't even know it–– her speech is sampled in the song. Adichie has empowering things to say about how we raise our children and why we should all be feminists. 


Prince George
If you know me, you know I normally don't care too much for little kids. I missed the line for the gene that makes you ooh and ahh over cute infants. In spite of that, though, I absolutely adore seeing pictures of the royal baby. He has the world's most expressive baby eyebrows, and something about his little overalls just gets me. 


Girl Powder
Nope, that's not a typo–– although, I mean, I definitely am all for girl power, too. Girl Powder is this magical hair product by Not Your Mother's Brand. My hair is incapable of holding a tease by normal methods, but sprinkle in a little bit of this baby-powder-like substance and all of a sudden I've got volume that lasts all night. After all, the higher the hair the closer to God, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment