Friday, April 25, 2014

Astrid Stars: Gone Girl



Hi, I’m Astrid from Astrid Stars and I’m so excited to be a guest blogger on Samantha’s blog today. Let me start of by saying that I’m a huge book nerd as well as a film one. So I love it when they make movie adaptations of books. While some have failed (um..hello Twilight) others have been almost, if not better, than the book.

Therefore there is no surprise that I was super excited when I first heard Gone Girl was going to be adapted to film. My boss and friends had recommended it to me before I heard of the news so when I finally had time last fall, and in anticipation of the movie adaptation, I finally decided to read it. And I’m glad I did.

If you have lived under a rock for the past year or so and have not yet heard of the book by Gillian Flynn, it is about a seemingly perfect couple, that is until their 5th wedding anniversary when wife Anne goes missing. Thus begins the investigation into whether or not Nick, the husband, had something to do with her disappearance or possibly murdered her. Throughout the investigation many of the marriage’s cracks begin to surface and darker secrets are discovered. There are many twists and turns that you don’t see coming. Now fast forward to April.

A trailer for the film, starring Ben Affleck (perfect casting IMHO) and Rosamund Pike has finally been released. I definitely squeed when I heard about the trailer. It gets me even more excited for the movie. See the trailer below.


The movie is set to be released October 3rd.
Will you be watching it?

No comments:

Post a Comment