Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday Round-Up: What I'm Loving this Week

Parks & Rec
Okay, so I know I'm like crazy late to the Parks & Rec bandwagon, but with finals being over I picked a new show to binge watch and thank god it was this one. We all already know Amy Poehler is hilarious, but the rest of the cast truly brings it. So if you're behind the times like me, get on Netflix right now and get started, there's a lot of Adam Scott to catch up on.

1 is 2 Many Campaign
If you haven't heard of it, 1 is 2 many is a campaign headed up by Vice President Joe Biden to bolster awareness of the epidemic violence against women. The campaign released a PSA last week tackling sexual assault awareness and prevention. It stars some of Hollywood's leading men, including Daniel Craig, Steve Carell, and Seth Meyers, all giving their voice to the important cause and proving that this isn't just a "women's issue"–– men can and should get active to create solutions.

Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield
Between seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2, watching Andrew Garfield host SNL, and seeing the pair of them absolutely kill it on the Met Ball red carpet, I kind of can't get enough of either of them. In case you missed their epic kissing fail, it's a must watch. As much as I appreciate a hot British guy in spandex, Emma Stone is so hilarious I'm not even sure which one of them I love more. 

Jill Filipovic
Since I was a kid, I have always had a habit of devouring magazines from cover-to-cover. That's why I'm especially thrilled to see Cosmo add feminist writer Jill Filipovic to their editorial team. The magazine has been sending a great message lately that more people should pay attention to: fashion tips and women's rights issues don't have to be mutually exclusive. Jill has already come out with some great stuff, including this piece on minimum wage





4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I hope to read more from you soon. In the meantime I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. To participate and find the rules etc. Head over to my blog http://gbshortcake.blogspot.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parks and Rec is one of my absolute favorite shows. I'm obsessed with Ron Swanson, he's just like my dad and that makes him 10x as hilarious! I'm also in love with April & Andy, I want a relationship like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ron is definitely my favorite, but April is a very close second!

      Delete