Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sweet Home Chicago

I grew up about an hour outside Chicago, but it wasn't until I came downtown for college that I really became a city girl through and through. After four years of embracing everything the city has to offer, I can't imagine going back to the quiet suburban life.

Under the Red Line

That's why when my friend (and awesome photographer) Jon set out take take some photos of me for my portfolio website, I knew I wanted to reflect my city life in the background. Obviously Chicago has some major tourist attractions that would work for that kind of thing, but I think one of the best things about my city is how quaint some of the neighborhoods are. 

Outside Carol's Pub
That's why we did the photo shoot in Uptown–– downtown is great, but Uptown is full of character and color. It was a lot of fun to walk around and explore, and we were able to get some key parts of city life (like the el tracks) in my photos.



So if you're ever visiting Chicago, when you're through covering all the basics like Navy Pier and the Bean, make sure you head up North for some local Chicago flavor. After all, it's in the different neighborhoods that you'll find the best drink specials, karaoke nights, sidewalk cafes, and boutiques.


And be sure to check out Jon's website and blog! He takes some amazing pictures of life in the city, so even if you can't come visit yourself, you'll feel like you're there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment